How often do you follow your intuition?
Following your intuition isn’t always easy because your intuition is not rational according to the mind.
And boy, does the mind like to rationalize.
Rationalization talks you out of following your intuition.
Your rational mind always has a preferred outcome.
It wants the best outcome.
And it doesn’t trust that your intuition can deliver that best outcome.
Following your intuition involves irrational trust.Following your intuition involves irrational trust. Click To Tweet
How do you make that leap from rationality to irrational trust?
You must loosen rationality’s hold on you.
- Think back to a time when you planned the heck out of something and it didn’t turn out the way you expected in the end. And even though it didn’t turn out the way you expected, it still turned out okay. Maybe even better than you could have expected.
- Imagine that you are in the future, already at your next better-than-expected experience. And your future self, who is already at this better-than-expected place is looking back in time at you, where you are in this moment.
- Imagine your future self, who is already at this better-than-expected place, giving you the thumbs up, assuring you that everything is going to be okay. This better-than-expected place already belongs to you.
- This future self tells you that whatever you think has to happen right now to get you from here to there, isn’t what you think. So you can just relax.
- Next, picture your trusting future self in your present self’s shoes. Having already experienced the current moment where you are now, your future self has a more expansive perspective of what is actually called for in this moment. And it has nothing to do with what you had originally thought needed to happen.
- Relax your mind and let that inner wisdom move you in whatever way feels right.
Lea Tran is a Plant Spirit Medicine Healer and creator of The Path Clearing Process, a 90-Day Life Purpose Re-alignment Program using nature’s support to ensure you are always moving forward, reaching your true potential in the most balanced and fulfilling way.
Spending time in nature is such a great way to experience freedom from judgements and mind chatter. In my FREE 7-Day Nature Connection Challenge, I show you how to connect with your nature allies in simple ways so that you can better overcome what prevents you from experiencing more joy and purpose in your life. You can participate in this fun challenge by opting in here: pathclearingprocess.com/7-days